The WODS personalities are sharing their favorite family recipes for the holidays! Up first is WODS morning host Karen Blake and her Armenian “Cheese Triangles!”
Armenian Appetizer: “Cheese Triangles”
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 pound muenster cheese – grated
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup minced parsley or dill
1 tablespoon flour
1 pound phyllo dough
1 1/2 cups clarified butter, melted
2 slightly dampened dish towels
1. Mix together in a bowl all the ingredients for the filling – cheeses, eggs, sugar, parsley and flour. Use a fork to blend thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Remove the dough from it’s plastic wrapper, unfold onto one towel and cover with the other towel. Work quickly, one sheet at a time, and keep remaining sheets always covered.
3. place one sheet down flat, brush surface with melted butter and fold over in half lengthwise. Place a spoonful of the filling at the bottom center of the strip and bring both side over to cover the filling.
4. Fold from the bottom up to top in triangular folds. place on buttered baking pan, seam side down and brush top with melted butter.
5. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for twenty to twenty five minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot!
Makes about 30 triangles!
Karen’s notes…you could also add some feta cheese to this recipe for a little more pizzaz!
Also…double the recipe and freeze some for when company comes over…thaw…heat and you’re ready to serve!!!