Coroners to Houston Family: It Was a Prescription Drug Overdose

Officials from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office have told the Houston family that Whitney died after ingesting a dangerous combination of prescription drugs and alcohol.

[photogallerylink id=61823 align=right]

The “I Will Always Love You” singer was discovered lifeless in a bathtub at her Beverly Hills Hilton hotel room on Saturday.

TMZ is reporting that Whitney’s Aunt, Mary Jones, found the 6-time Grammy winner submerged beneath the water and began administering CPR to revive Houston.

Early reports speculated that drowning was the official cause of death…until now.

Coroners are telling the Houston family that Whitney died of mixing Xanax with other prescription meds and alcohol.

Whitney’s mom has made plans to fly the singer’s body out to Atlanta as early as tomorrow morning.

In case you missed it, here’s the Whitney Houston tribute by Jennifer Hudson at last night’s Grammys show.

Vodpod videos no longer available.
Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 103.3 WODS

70 Facts For Sir Paul's 70th Birthday
2012 Summer Concert Series Lineup
Are You a WODS Insider? Join Now!

Listen Live