Whitney Houston has posthumously made history on the Billboard 200 albums chart. She has become to first woman to do something that would be impressive by anyone to pull off, living or dead.
[photogallerylink id=61823 align=right]
Whitney became the first woman with three albums in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 at the same time, according to Billboard.
Whitney: the Greatest Hits sits at #2 with 174,000 sales, while the soundtrack to The Bodyguard jumped from #38 to #6 with 47,000 sales. Her self-titled album Whitney Houston also made a big leap, from #37 to #9. Since her passing, Whitney has sold about 668,000 albums and over 2.76 million individual tracks.
The last artist with three appearances in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 was Simon & Garfunkel in 1968. But according to Billboard, the top 200 has only allowed older albums to rank alongside new releases since December of 2009. Michael Jackson and the Beatles would each accomplished Whitney’s feat earlier that year.
Have you bought any of Whitney Houston’s music since she died? Share your experiences in the comments.
[metrolyrics artist=”whitney houston” song=”i look to you”]
More Whitney Houston on WODS.com
- Rihanna in the Lead to Play Whitney Houston in Biopic
- Houston Family Outraged Over Whitney’s Casket Photo Gone Viral
- Houston Family Profiting Off Whitney’s Funeral Footage
- Whitney Houston Laid to Rest in New Jersey [PHOTOS]
- Whitney Houston Honored in New York [PHOTOS]
- Whitney Houston Tribute on ‘Glee’ [VIDEO]
- Sony Slammed for Raising Prices on Whitney Houston Albums